Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My first day...

Hi everyone,

     My first official day of being full time has come and gone.  I have to say that, while it was so wonderful being me on the commute and at work, for the most part, it was a very uneventful day.

     I actually arrived at work early that day (which is quite a change from the usual 'wake up, turn off alarm, fall back asleep' pattern I normally follow) and got comfortable in my office.  As they stumbled in from the weekend, one by one, my colleagues came into my office to welcome and compliment me.  Even my boss stopped in, offered her hand and, when I shook it, said, "Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life."

     I loved my outfit... an eggplant bandage dress with my new chocolate brown Cole Haan pumps... and a new Amrita Singh gold braid necklace.

     Everyone at work has been so incredibly sweet and supportive.... everyone has been really good about calling me Kacee... and, while I wish I had done it sooner, I know that it had to happen organically in it's own time... and I was not ready a few years ago.

     It is a bit of an adjustment, as you might have guessed.  Dress shoes and heels are much much less comfy than the Rockport loafers I used to wear... and I've been picking out (and trying out) my outfits the night before, as opposed to 1) finding clean shirt, 2) selecting matching slacks, 3) picking out a coordinated tie.. .all in about 3 minutes in the morning.

     However, if there's something that I've always prided myself on, it's being able to adjust and adapt.  Despite being 'pretty much full time' for the last 2 years, doing it for reals, day after day, is different.  I'm only on day #3 right now... I'm sure that it'll get easier and I'll fall into the swing of things.  A successful transition is something that I will not give up on... so I just have to stick it out until it becomes routine.  And, that's a matter of changing the habits that were learned through thirty seven years of "his" life and learning new habits part of *my* life

<3

Kacee

1 comment: