Popular Posts

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lunch...


As week #2 of full time is quickly coming to end, I have to tell you the same thing I said after day #1… it’s been really uneventful.

However, today, I really felt good… I was at the store yesterday and picked up the cutest dark gray houndstooth slacks and paired it, today, with an eggplant sleeveless top and my new black patent booties.  At lunch, I went to a food court Downtown, tried out a new restaurant and sat quietly with my phone and headphones.

Surrounded by all of the other office workers, I enjoyed a yummy lunch and had one thought come to mind… ‘this *is* how it should be.’

At the moment, it hit me…. I get to be *ME* to the world… me, not he… but **ME**, the happy, beautiful tall Asian girl… just rocking it.  There’s no need to live that dual life anymore….and, despite all that I’ve been through in making the transition, this is truly what it’s all about. 


Since then, I just have this peace… this calm in my soul… and it’s a feeling so wonderful that I can’t even explain it.  Suffice to say that it’s somewhere between bliss, between joyful tears and as close to feeling ‘in love’ as I’ve felt.

I hope that this feeling will never fade… only get intensify and get better!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment