Popular Posts

Friday, August 12, 2011

And that's a wrap...

This weekend brought a close to the chapter of "him."

While I'm happy, knowing that it's all about Kacee, I have to spend a second to mourn 'him.'

I mean, he's been me for the last 37 years....and, now, he's going to fade into the background.

He's not dead..... he's not being obliterated by Kacee.  He is being melded into the complete person that I am today.

His memories will always be there.... his upbringing and knowledge will always be there too.  And, as Kacee, I am the sum of all the remaining parts.

My colleagues went to lunch on Thursday for, as they called it my 'last day as a guy.'  A friend later nicknamed it my 'reverse bar mitzvah.'  It was really sweet and I was so touched by their gesture.  Plus, they all keep telling me how excited they are for Monday.


However, with my official 'full time' date approaching, I started to think of all the lasts... the last time I'm going to wear a suit... the last time I'm wearing boy clothes.. the last time I will pee standing up...

And then, on Friday... the last last... "his" last dinner with my parents... and, literally, his last day.

After all that I've been through and the road ahead of me, I felt that it was important to give my parents a last chance to say goodbye to 'him.'  I know that my parents are dealt with things enough to understand the direction where I'm going... while not overjoyed by the news that I was transitioning, they, like good parents, are supportive.

Dinner was unbelievably uneventful with my parents.  We ate.. we chatted... and we never talked about going full time.  It was just like any other dinner.  I gave my Dad a hug... and then went off with my Mother for a foot massage.  Post massage, we parted ways with a hug... and that was the last chapter of 'him.'

I know not what lies ahead of me except for the chance to finally be *me*  As I venture ahead in the great unknown, I suppose that's enough for me right now.. however, I know that things will only get better from this point on.

1 comment:

  1. Wouldn't that be your Bat Mitzvah- the day you become a woman? :)

    ReplyDelete