Popular Posts

Monday, July 6, 2009

July 5th, one year later


Having a rockin’ time last night at a fun 4th of July party, it wasn’t even until I woke up this morning, that I realized that today was July 5th.
 
Now you might be wondering, what’s special about July 5th?  To me, it represents change and rebirth. 
 
July 5th was the day that I lost my BFF… not through sickness, illness, disaster or accident, but through stupid girl drama.  We were at a club and she snapped at me… and, since that evening, I haven’t heard a word from her.  No   explanation, nothing… she just cut me off.  I sent an email to try and find out what the problem was, but never heard back.
 
Initially, I was uber bummed…. She was my BFF for 4 years and to see how she just threw away our friendship without saying a word really really hurt.  However, in the intervening weeks and months, I came to see this for the blessing that it was.
 
Although I had other friends, my life used to revolve around my BFF and our circle of friends.  When my former BFF, the Queen Bee, cut me off, all of the little drones followed suit. 
 
All my former friends ever wanted to do was to go clubbing… every day, every week, every time we went out.  I am three dimensional and always need some new challenge or interest… I love culture, cooking, travel, restaurants, photography, art, theater, movies and, of course, my beloved Kings…. and had always felt constrained by my former friends’ closed minded obsession with clubbing.
 
In the year that’s passed, I’ve let go of the anger and pain that I harbored towards my former BFF.  With these former friends, I was never able to be myself or collaborate with others in creative endeavors, outside of taking group photos at a club.  Since then, I have had so many wonderful chances to revel in the process of finding and celebrating myself. I’ve met so many wonderful, creative, supportive and loving friends… people who share my interests and love of life.  In photography, I can see how all of these new relationships have helped my photography to grow and flourish.
 
While I’m still hurt by the way that my former BFF and friends handled themselves, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn’t change a thing.  Without that split, I never would have discovered YOU…. the wonderful people who fill my life today.
 
A year after the fireworks of July 5th, I wanted to pause for a moment to think about how happy I am today and to thank each and every one of you for playing a part in that.
 
Love always,
 
Kacee

No comments:

Post a Comment