Popular Posts

Friday, August 31, 2012

To see, or not to see, that is the question


Hi everyone....
This isn't a transition related post, but I decided to repost it here anyways. My friends are having a birthday brunch this weekend and, while I'd love to see them, two people who I do NOT want to see, including a now-former friend who was trying to pump one of my good friends for information about me (epic fail!!!) and whether I was TG, will be there


 ===================================================

To see, or not to see, that is the question:
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The presence and idiotic words of obnoxious people,
Or to take refuge in my dwelling
And, by staying at home, remaining in bed.  To avoid- to rejoice

With apologies to the Bard, this is the dilemma that I now face.

As much as I love friends who are hosting a get together meal this weekend, there are two people, among the many who were part of the big Augean Stable cleaning/ purge of a few weeks ago.  While our “friendships” had ended long ago, I still kept them around to see what idiocy they would post… and, quite honestly, they never failed to disappoint.  Over time, I realized that I was better off not knowing about them… as snickering at the inane thoughts passed through their simple minds just got boring.

Even though I have previously purged these people from my Facebook page, I’m not able to fully remove them from my life.  There are many people that I would love to see at the get together this weekend… however, I do not have the desire to associate or deal with these two people. 

Friends, who are attending and know of my quandary, tell me that I can sit with them and avoid the toxic ones… although, how do I ensure that?  And, short of wearing ear plugs and using sign language (which would be difficult as I only know how to sign one thing… and it’s mainly used when I drive) how do I block their ‘blah blah blah’ from destroying the happiness I feel from being friends whose company I actually *DO* enjoy?

To see, or not to see, that is the question...

1 comment:

  1. I think you are doing the right thing. These toxic people will make a beeline for you, if only to bitch about being defriended.

    Can you host a smaller gathering with those you wish to see?

    ReplyDelete